Observed in Meditation April 2, 2023

Lhasa rules don't apply here. Click this link, and catch a breath of the fresh air of psychic freedom from Buddhist authority. If you haven't tried breathing outside the sterile domain of orthodoxy, step inside. It'll clear your head and free your mind.
Admin

Observed in Meditation April 2, 2023

Post by Admin »

Contemplation began with the observation that the internal dialogue (ID) has an internal dialogist, that we can call the origin of the internal dialogue (OID).

I observed that:
1 The OID is not the dialogue itself
2 The OID has direct access to the Experiential Flow that the ID is interpreting and commenting upon.
3 The ID is very abstract – it's usually disconnected from the immediate Experiential Flow.
4 The ID has a topic, really only one topic – "me" and "my affairs" in this world "where I live."
5 The ID is distinct from Will/intent
6 Will is the engager of action
7 Under the influence of Will, the body and cognitive faculties are poised for action, or in action.
8 Much tension and stress is being generated by haphazard exertions of Will on trivial matters.
9 This occurs because the ID casually adopts Will's power, and puts it to work on any random impulse.
10 Thus, distinguishing the ID from Will is beneficial to clarify perception.
11 Indeed, when the ID usurps the power of Will, it becomes in an unsupervised agent that we take for a Self-Identity, and we take every twist and turn of the ID for our very Self.
12 But our Self does not even appear in this game, because all of the cognitive energy gets wrapped up in the plans and maneuverings of the ID, using Will detached from Deep Cognition to create an endless flow of distraction.
13 When the ID is separated from Will, and seen as the mere interpreter of the Experiential Flow, we have things in a clearer perspective.
14 When Will is disengaged entirely, or focused on a meditative task, the entire body-mind can go off alert, and the ID the can shrink to an observable flow of commentary, Deep Cognition can manifest as the sense of serene Self-awareness.
15 Deep Cognition can apply reason and compassionate ethics to interpret the meaning of the Experiential Flow, rather than responding chaotically to stimuli.
16 When Deep Cognition assumes authority over Will, an integrated Self appears.
17. An integrated Self follows an ethical, rational course of action.
18. Ethical, rational behavior is in harmony with Deep Cognition.